Sunday 16 January 2011

Weekly Blogging

Completely untentionally I have gotten into a cycle of only blogging on a weekly basis. I think it is because my work requires all of my mental capacity and by the time I get home on a week day I can barely string a coherent sentence together and can not bring myself to sit infront of another computer.

Anyway I shall endeavour to do better...I think that in many cases images speak a thousand words, which is why I have recently set up a tumblr account. I think that for lazy bloggers like myself, this is definately the way forward. So far I have one follower, which I am very proud of because I do not know the person and they must simply enjoy my random projection of images loosely strung together into a theme which I post every day or so.

Well this week has been quite quiet and I have been quite uninspired...I think its January blues which is a culmination (excuse my spelling) of lack of funds and no Christmas to look forward to. In fashion terms, I am really starting to step up my SS11 research and pick out the looks that I want to emulate as I can not afford the real thing. Albert Elbaz please do another range for H&M...

For me SS11 is all about the bold colours and the floaty silhouettes, however having visited a 'cool' club, I have put cool in inverted commas because the club/ pub was too cool for school. Located near Liverpool street, the Queen of Hoxton is what you would cool a mix of minimalism and arty. Home to the back combed, heavily kohled girl's of London this place reminded me of the cool devil may care body con skirt and work boot look of the past couple of seasons. How could I turm my back on this trend so quickly for the sake of a bit of chiffon and frou frou shoulders...

Having said that, I have only ever dabbled in the look, as a maturing women of 26, I never felt I could embrace it in the same way as the Taylor Momenson look-a-likes who stomp around Dalston and Brick lane. In tribute to these brave young girls check out these images below. I wish I had got a photograph of a young girl who had grabbed my shoulder in the toilet and declared that it was her 18th Birthday, oh to be young...







No comments:

Post a Comment