Thursday 22 December 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

So everyone has been talking about the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, again! I read the novel a couple of years ago during the last wave of publicity. Every time I got the tube I was surrounded by the book so eventually curiosity got the better of me; the story is good, although a bit too raw and graphic for me to read the rest of the books in the trilogy. So fast forward two years and they are releasing the movie again (the first was released 2009/10) with an English/American cast; the original story was set in Sweden, I am not sure about the new movie. Anyway everyone has been talking about Rooney Mara...i am not familiar with her work at all, but the media have been discussing her formation to play the role of Lisbeth Salander, check out the images.

 Not only has Rooney's transformation from pretty to striking been epic (you need to see the movie to see the full extent of the transformation including tattoos and piercings) but her wardrobe has taken a turn to edgy too. I am not sure what designers she is wearing but I assuming Alexander McQueen, Gareth Pugh, Alexander Wang and  people of the same elk. I love her transformation, I am considering doing something similar for 2012!!!
  













Adding to the crazy that is surrounding this movie H&M who I would like to rename as the "the high street brand who will exploit any trend" have brought our a range of clothes inspired by Rooney/the Lisbeth Salander character which launched recently and coincides with the release and the hype surrounding the movie. Talk about free advertising!!!
I saw the range at Selfridges, and there are actually some quite cool pieces. I liked the black hi top trainers the best (shoes on the fourth model along)!!! Check out the campaign images below.


So I guess, you should all go watch the movie, or at least dress like you did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment