Wednesday 18 January 2012

I should have been up to more productive pursuits...(I should probably now being doing something more productive) but I need to share in a gushing way. So after a deflating visit to the gym where I am trying to fight the post Christmas weight fluctuation (I refuse to say weight gain) I decided to treat myself to some window shopping, or in my case try on lots of clothing knowing full well I won't buy anything; the sales assistants must hate me. I decided to check out H&M rather than the usual Topshop, (I'll come back to Topshop in a minute) and was overcome with Fashion frenzy...I loved everything, I wanted everything. Well when I say everything I actually mean their premium range, which are the products with the peach coloured H&M Tags in. I call it premium, I don't know what they call it, but they don't really do much promotion around the range except in the windows. Perhaps their best kept secret, it's a water down version of COS, slightly less angular and minimalistic; almost Zara but less continental. Check out the images below, perhaps they will help explain what I mean. Also check out Selfridges which has an edited version of the H&M range which is mostly made up of the peach tagged range.

I searched the internet and could not find any of the other items that I tried on. The sheer tunic in the image above looked great on, this image does not really do it justice. I would pair the tunic with a pair of black skinny jeans or leather leggings and heeled ankle boots and maybe a belt. I also tried on a silver pleated lamé skirt which was spot on and teamed this with an off white chiffon blouse with silver beads covering the collar, the icing on the cake was a hot pink blazer from the Divided range, much like the Preen Hutchinson blazer pictured below.
I was trying to take a picture in the changing room but it didn't work. Also on my list was an orange heavy jersey t-shirt, a fluorescent yellow knitted jumper, fluorescent bias cut skirt, a black bobbly pencil skirt and a short black pleat PVC skirt. I think that H&M have really pulled it out of the bag for this transitional part of Spring/Summer 2012, I can't wait to see what else they have to offer. 

Oh yes, and as for Topshop; although I am a serious Topshop Girl; a good 75% of my wardrobe has been derived from the retailer I couldn't help but feel slightly underwhelmed by their current range of clothes. I struggled to find six items that I wanted to buy and the pricing seems to be creeping up as well. Having said that I do love their Topshop Boutique range, especially their black trouser suit with yellow paw prints on it, (see below) but again the prices are above the norm. Anyway I am going to continue to ferret through the new SS12 ranges and hopefully share some gems/ key pieces with you all.

Lx


No comments:

Post a Comment