Sunday 9 September 2012

British Fashion Award Nominations

Last week was my birthday, and I have to say I am quite glad it is over!! As it is always a time to re evaluate what I have been doing for the last year!!! I have been contemplating whether to change my style but it is what it is, I think that rather than being more grown up, I am going to take the last few years of my twenties and really mix it up!!!

Speaking of style/fashion (as always) me and my pal Fashion Somebody managed to get ourselves on the guest list for the announcement of the nominees for the British Fashion Awards. It was a really fun evening as it was held at the Savoy, absolutely love that place. Am planning afternoon tea there soon!
Harold Tillman reading out the nominations

Champagne was flowing, and there were canapes being served!!! It was great to be in a room some of the most influential people in fashion, and we got the opportunity to speak to Mary Katrantzou which was pretty epic! She was heading start back to the studio to work on her SS13 collection, I can't wait to see what she delivers.

Mary Katrantzhou
 
Also in attendance was Jonathan Saunders, Erdem Moralioglu, Christopher Kane, Simone Rocha and JW Anderson. I am super excited about JWA's collection for Topshop (will post some images soon). The guys all seemed pretty down to earth and friendly but I was to shy to go and speak to any of them.

If you want to know who the nominees where, click on this link which will take you to the main website.

I am glad I got to go and am looking forward to attending LFW's launch party next week!!! I have not had much time to see much of New York Fashion Week, but I did see a round up of Victoria Beckhams collection, and it was spot on. You can see that she has found her our handwriting and is slowly developing this further as I saw subtle details from her AW12 collection being re worked, such as de-tached arm cuffs and boned long bodycon skirts. Anyway I will go into more detail in my next post.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment