Tuesday 11 September 2012

New York Fashion Week

I have finally had a chance to start trawling through the millions of images uploaded on the internet from the NYFW shows. I am a big fan of New York fashion week because it is very commercial and there are lots of wearable pieces. I love creative clothing, but I also like to be able to visualise myself wearing the items.

Key New York designers I like to see are Proenza Schouler, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Victoria Beckham and Jason Wu.

Victoria Beckham's SS2013 collection was very crisp. I feel like she is getting into her stride now as you can begin to see signature details such as crisp tailoring and streamline silhouettes. I think this season had sports influences; tennis dresses spring to mind! 1960/70s could have also factored in as there were a lot of sixties minis and long flowing seventies skirts and wide brimmed hats.

Below are a few of my favourite pieces:








Moving onto Victoria by Victoria Beckham (smart business move, you need to be accessible to as many markets as possible without decaying your brand name); this collection was much more SS2013 in my mind. The colour palette was much softer. This collection was less cohesive compared to the main line but her diffusion line has less seasons behind it.








What I loved about the collection was tie dye dresses, french anglaise pieces, and the waist cinching ditsy prints. The collection is dress heavy, but then I love dresses. I also love the flatforms donned by the models. Way to be on trendy Vicky

I really want to give you my take on Marc Jacobs but I feel that it deserves its own posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment