Sunday 16 December 2012

My Weekend; Somerset House

I had a great weekend and am feeling more & more Christmassy. I meet up with some of my gal pals and went for a walk along the South Bank and stopped off for a bit of lunch (including Christmas Pimms)!!! After lunch we headed to Somerset House as some of my friends are out of towners and haven't visited the museum-cum-gallery which happens to be one of my favourite places.

While there we had a look around the Cartier-Bresson: A Question of Colour exhibition, which I knew nothing about. It was really interesting to walk around and look at all of the bold imagery; the photographers featured in the collection captured some beautiful places.


After our bit of culture we went to see what else Somerset had to offer and it turned out they had a Pop up Christmas Shop. I headed straight for the fashiony bits (of course) and came across the Bengt's shop. Now I had heard of Bengt and knew it was an online blog and shop but haven't really explored the site. They mission statement is to bring an alternative perspective of fashion and cover new emerging design talent.

I love online shopping but it is always great to see the product in front of you! I was particularly taken by the jewellery designers and three in particular; Kirsty Ward, Moxham and E.A Burns. Each of the designers had there own signature styles but I loved the fact that their pieces were really bold and quite futuristic. I really want to buy some pieces in the new year, and start doing the whole all in black with bright jewellery look.

Below are some of my favourite pieces:

E.A. BURN - I mixture of leather and metal geometric shapes...soo dynamic and fashion forward.


 Aparently Alesha Dixon wore the necklace below, this is just over £100.

Moxham - Robotic glamour, by itself these pieces are quite ugly but together they are beautiful!!!


KIRSTY WARD - leather and metal strong statement jewellery. Yes please...




So unfortunately I have already got my Christmas present or else I would be adding these to my Christmas list!!

Finally me & my friend had our names down at MW nails in Spitalfield Market today...look how pretty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment