Monday 1 April 2013

Accessories for the new season

Over the last couple of years I have developed a really bad accessory obsession. I've become a bit of a snob when it comes to bags especially; only leather will do. Designer labels are also a big draw for me with their superior quality and butter soft uppers. Or perhaps it's just the advertising that has sucked me in. Either way I can't help but dream about the luxury leather goods.

Unfortunately my pay packet doesn't generally stretch to the good stuff, so I also dip into the highstreet and vintage for quality pieces like this small leather bag, which I got from Topshop. The make is Etui Bags, and they introduce themselves as "Vintage Inspired Handmade leather Bags". There is a concession at the flagship store with products ranging from around £18 through to £150; my bag was £29. The colour is very unusal and inky green colour which I love because it works well with everything. The cross over bag is my evening accessory of choice for SS13.

 
My second accessory purchase, is a Anya Hindmarch black leather loose pouch. I had one previously in black hi-shine leather with escalloped edges but it got really scrappy so I wanted to update it. The new pouch has a ribbed outer leather upper which makes it quite hardwearing, although I have scratched it already. The inside is also lined in a gorgueous mint leather and the embossed gold Brand logo. It's all in the detail as far as I am concerned. The purse was a little bit more expensive than I expected, but I have been working hard so I wanted to treat myself. A classic for many years to come.


 
And on my F**K it list...the Alexander Wang black leather Rocco bag. Pure Genius!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment